I'd like to take this time to personally, and publicly thank Matt Lambros for introducing me to Dexter. He had been trying to get me to watch it/read it since we met back in July. But I was hesitant to get into it. However, this week, when over his house for our standard Wednesday date, I was looking for something to replace the void left by Pushing Daisies this week (no new episodes until the 19th? BULLSHIT!) So we whipped out the Dexter DVD after a disastrous episode of "Dead Like Me" (Matt's attempt to make me like anything else by Bryan Fuller of Pushing Daisies creation-fame) and started watching. And let me tell you, from the first minute, the first scene, the first words out of Michael C. Hall's deliciously disturbed mouth... I was hooked.
If you haven't watched it, you should really get on that. Take away the blood and gore of it, and there is an awesome storyline. It's almost "American Psycho" esque in it's weirdness and the way it sucks you in right away, and makes you feel for a character that has such flaws. It's just done SO well.
In other news, I think I might have some sort of major mental and psychotic problem, in that I find myself constantly interested in these murderous stories, and on top of that, lusting after the actors that play these characters. Not that I can be blamed, when the actors in question are Michael C. Hall and Christian Bale... but still. Maybe I should have that looked at?
You be the judge:

No comments:
Post a Comment