- Not only did Obama win, but he PUMMELED the competition. I was hoping he would win of course, but I had a sneaking feeling that if he did, it might only be by the skin of his teeth. When they announced his win, at a whopping 297 votes to McCains paltry 156 I was ecstatic! He later went on to win 338 (by the time I went to sleep anyway), which is most certainly not by the skin of his anything! It was such a relief. And to see things like "LANDSLIDE VICTORY" instead of just "VICTORY" makes all the difference when we think about what this means for our Country.
- It also makes me really happy that he won by so much because, this means that there are people who are ready for change. Ready for progress, ready for anything. It's amazing. I hope that one day, Barack Obama gets his very own animatronic dummy in the "Carousel of Progress" at Disney World.
- McCain was very gracious in his speech, and I was happy to see that even though he lost, he wasn't bitter (at least not on camera), In the end, he probably knew it was the best thing, and he even designated his campaign "the most challenged" after having been up against Obama.
- Finally, I just think it's sort of funny that on my facebook page's status feed, not ONE person on my list is saying "Boo Obama" or anything of that nature. This is funny to me because I honestly thought that at least one of the people on said page would be republican, only because not everyone on there is my good friend, some of them are acquaintances and therefore I wouldn't know anything about their political standing.
We Moved!!!
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment