Sunday, November 2, 2008

Crazy Cat Ladies Need Love Too...

You know, I'm trying hard not to be offended by the fact that everyone who saw my costume this year had a distinct air of "yea... thats about right" about it. I mean, come on... I'm not a crazy old cat lady yet... gimmie a few years and maybe I will be though ;)

My mother's advice is for me to get a cat every year on my birthday until I either die, or find a husband. I definitely think that is good advice... for someone is like, say... 50 and still single? 25 is a little too young for that... Plus, Tami wouldn't let me have any more cats in the house (I already proposed this to her and was brutally rebuffed)

Why is it so easy for people to see this as my future? Perhaps it's because I have the makings of a spinster/granny already? In bed by 11, loves cats, wear knee high stockings, very fond of naps...

Maybe I should just stop fighting it and accept my fate...

I'll go to bide-a-wee in the morning.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Knee high stockings, news to me.

Ah but the truth lies in the self confession. You wanted more cats!! Trying to substitute cats for love, and granted its funny, but if we're feeding into the character, old H spooning you does not help your chances!

Matt said...

You should stop fighting it.

Embrace your future self, and get more cats! Hide them around the apartment! Tami will never know!